CCA is pleased to present Steve Cruickshank with the 2016 CCA Civil Infrastructure Award for his continuing efforts in promoting positive change and innovation in the industry, and for his work on behalf of the heavy civil sector.
Steve’s career began at the age of fourteen when he started working for his father. In 2000, he acquired Cruickshank Construction from his father and took on the role of CEO. He has served on the boards of the Ontario Road Builders Association, Canadian Construction Innovations and, of course, CCA.
However, his contributions to the industry extend well beyond the formal roles. For example, when the current generation of area maintenance contracts with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation ran into difficulties, Steve was a champion for the industry in promoting changes and accommodations bettering the outcome for both parties.
- 2015 Terry Chalupa, Abalone Construction
- 2014 Frank Rizzardo (Emcon Services)
- 2013 Wayne Morsky (Morsky Management)
- 2012 Al Reed
- 2011 Gord Lee (Nelson River Constructing)
- 2010 Ron Legere (Industrial Cold Milling)
- 2009 John Flemming (Ocean Contractors)
- 2008 Tom Johnson (JJM Construction)
- 2007 Doug Woods (Cope Construction)
- 2006 Bob Noseworthy (Pennecon)
- 2005 Tom Brown (Ledcor Industries)
- 2004 Barry Brown (Maple Leaf Construction)
- 2003 Leo McArthur (Miller Group)
- 2002 Lloyd Ferguson (Dufferin Construction Company)
- 2001 John Redfern (Lafarge Canada)