CCA is pleased to present Patrick Waunch with the 2015 CCA Community Leader Award for his support to today’s construction industry, the construction industry of tomorrow, and his local community.
Patrick was instrumental in growing Southern Interior Construction Association’s Secondary School Apprenticeship program and, in his role on the Okanagan College Mechanical Building Trades Program Advisory Committee, has not only helped build a strong program, but provided equipment to train with as well. The Patrick Waunch Scholarship Award assists mechanical trade apprentices.
Patrick has also participated in the Immigrant Skilled Trades Employment Program, the International Trade Apprenticeship Committee, the Kelowna Mentorship Program, not to forget his involvement in SICA, the BC Construction Association and CCA. He supports numerous community programs including the Canadian Police Association, the local food bank, the Canadian Cancer Society, the local girls’ baseball teams (Rambow Raiders & Kelowna Heat) as well as the local Legion. A firm believer in second chances, Patrick has taken several individuals with drug and alcohol issues under his wing and helped turn their life around through building their commitment to the trades.
- 2014 Norm Castonguay (Asbex Environmental Contractors)
- 2013 Paul Douglas (PCL Construction)
- 2012 Paul McCarney (Greenbelt Construction)
- 2011 Bob Walker (Ledcor)
- 2010 Robert Merkley (Merkley Supply)
- 2008 Association de la construction du Québec
- 2007 Shirley Westeinde (Westeinde Group of Companies)
- 2006 Leo McArthur (Miller Paving)
- 2005 Don Oborowsky (Waiward Steel Fabricators), honorable mention Martinway Contracting
- 2004 Keith Gillam (Vanbots Construction)
- 2003 Reid Schwabe (Ledcor Construction) & PCL Constructors