CCA is pleased to present Tomlinson Group with the 2018 CCA Community Leader Award for its dedication, through its numerous charitable endeavours, to growing its community.
Since 1952, Tomlinson has remained a family-owned and operated business with strong ties to the Ottawa community. Tomlinson’s legacy of stewardship and support of the Ottawa community has evolved through the Tomlinson Family Foundation, Tomlinson’s Parks Initiative consisting of donating $1 million over five years toward park renewals and upgrades within the City of Ottawa and through various community projects, supporting a variety of initiatives, either through charitable donations or donations in-kind.
In 2018, the Tomlinson Group and its employees led or supported 90 local charitable and community stewardship initiatives, donating over $145,000 to Ring Side for Youth, CHEO Foundation, Kingston Youth Shelter, Malhotra Family Foundation, Queensway Carleton Hope Blooms, and several local minor hockey leagues. After the town of Dunrobin was seriously affected by the September 2018 tornados, Tomlinson’s “Red Army” of employees mobilized to co-host a fundraising event at the Dunrobin Eagle Creek Golf Club raising over $40,000 for the residents.
- 2017 Paul Seibel, ACL Steel
- 2016 Gateman-Milloy
- 2014 Norm Castonguay (Asbex Environmental Contractors)
- 2013 Paul Douglas (PCL Construction)
- 2012 Paul McCarney (Greenbelt Construction)
- 2011 Bob Walker (Ledcor)
- 2010 Robert Merkley (Merkley Supply)
- 2008 Association de la construction du Québec
- 2007 Shirley Westeinde (Westeinde Group of Companies)
- 2006 Leo McArthur (Miller Paving)
- 2005 Don Oborowsky (Waiward Steel Fabricators), honorable mention Martinway Contracting
- 2004 Keith Gillam (Vanbots Construction)
- 2003 Reid Schwabe (Ledcor Construction) & PCL Constructors
- 2015 Patrick Waunch, Rambow Mechanical