CCA is pleased to present Pomerleau with the 2017 CCA Excellence in Innovation Award for creating a strong, innovative culture.
The company recently became the first general contracting construction company in Canada to be certified with Level-1 building information modelling (BIM) proficiency in Canada, companywide. Pomerleau has internally developed BIM add-ons that are used to improve interoperability, to accelerate data extraction, and to generate useful information for various construction processes.
For example, Pomerleau developed a plug-in in Revit allowing for a semi-automatic excavation surface generation based on the 3D model of the foundations and the conditions (or rules) for Place Bell, a multipurpose sport and cultural centre in Laval. Another example of innovation includes developing a technology to transfer a design model into a video game software that enables virtual reality, a technology that is excellent for design comprehension, saves considerable costs from late design changes, and allows for a “virtual reception” of the project long before its completion.
- 2016 Boehmers
- 2015 PCL Construction
- 2014 PCL Construction
- 2013 Hoban Equipment
- 2012 PCL Industrial Management
- 2011 A&B Concrete Pumping
- 2010 EllisDon
- 2009 Ledcor Construction
- 2008 Greyback Construction
- 2006 Morsky Industrial Services
- 2005 Simlog, honourable mention Aluma Systems
- 2004 Dufferin Construction
- 2003 Fraser River Pile & Dredge
- 2002 Mammoet Canada, honourable mentions Auto Cad and Total Station Integration used by a joint venture of PCL and Maxam, Cana Management