CCA is pleased to present Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) with the 2018 CCA Excellence in Innovation Award for its willingness to explore and implement innovative ideas and practices.
A fundamental component of the EAC design-build team’s strategy for replacement of the Vedder Bridge located in Chilliwack and providing an important transportation link between adjacent communities as well as recreational areas was to construct the new bridge on land and launch the bridge into place over the river. EAC worked with consultant partner Klohn Crippen Berger to incorporate the innovative construction method of king-post cable stay support system – a first to the best of the knowledge of any project participants – to provide the arch structure with the additional strength needed to be moved into place.
This approach reduced the total project manhours by as much as 35 per cent and working over the river at heights by over 98 per cent. In addition, the need for the instream temporary supports was eliminated, thus significantly reducing the environmental impact.
- 2017 Pomerleau
- 2016 Boehmers
- 2015 PCL Construction
- 2014 PCL Construction
- 2013 Hoban Equipment
- 2012 PCL Industrial Management
- 2011 A&B Concrete Pumping
- 2010 EllisDon
- 2009 Ledcor Construction
- 2008 Greyback Construction
- 2006 Morsky Industrial Services
- 2005 Simlog, honourable mention Aluma Systems
- 2004 Dufferin Construction
- 2003 Fraser River Pile & Dredge
- 2002 Mammoet Canada, honourable mentions Auto Cad and Total Station Integration used by a joint venture of PCL and Maxam, Cana Management