CCA is pleased to present the Construction Association of Nova Scotia (CANS) with the 2015 CCA Gold Seal Association Award for its success in integrating Gold Seal into all aspects of its education program, and its work in promoting Gold Seal to its members and the industry.
Each year CANS’ entire course catalogue is Gold Seal Accredited, which translates to over 80 courses, and approximately 44 Gold Seal Credits or 220 hours of training that members can apply towards their Gold Seal Certification. The association promotes Gold Seal to its members through a multitude of vehicles. Also, in 2015 it helped member companies secure more than $400,000 in government funding for training.
In November 2015 the association was asked to present on Gold Seal Certification at the Atlantic Apprenticeship Council Conference. CANS has also secured Nova Scotia’s third Gold Seal Project, Halifax Harbour Bridges or ‘The Big Lift’ which began in early 2015 and entails the replacement of the suspended spans of the Macdonald Bridge.
- 2014 Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association
- 2013 Grand valley Construction Association
- 2012 Hamilton-Halton Construction Association
- 2011 Construction Association of Nova Scotia
- 2010 Calgary Construction Association
- 2009 Grand Valley Construction Association
- 2008 Winnipeg Construction Association
- 2006 Southern Interior Construction Association
- 2005 Association de la construction de Quebec - Region de Quebec
- 2003 Ontario Roadbuilders Association & Ontario Sewer and Watermain Association
- 2002 Ontario General Contractors Association