CCA is pleased to present the Vancouver Island Construction Association (VICA) with the 2015 CCA Partner Association Award for its efforts in responding to members’ input and creating much-valued programs and services.
VICA’s efforts in government relations reflect its interest fair, open, and transparent practices in procurement. When its provincial government determined that bundling would be its preferred procurement method for building new schools, VICA took steps to address this issue that would have hindered its member firms’ ability to compete. As a result, the provincial government reversed its decision and will now consider bundling on a case-by-case basis.
VICA was also instrumental in bringing together the stakeholders of the public construction community and creating collaborative forums to share perspectives, and develop and communicate potential solutions. The first meeting took place in January 2015 and was attended by public entities, consultants and contractors – 60 stakeholders in total. By May 2015, over 150 stakeholders attended a one-day Capital Project forum hosted by this association and partners AIBC (Architectural Institute of British Columbia) and ACEC (Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Canada).
VICA provides a one-stop shop of educational courses and resources for its members, cultivates relationships with schools to promote construction careers and sets up site tours for students. A program called “Welcome to the Construction Site” prepares potential employees for life on a construction site.
- 2014 Association de la construction du Québec
- 2013 Construction Association of Nova Scotia
- 2012 Grand Valley Construction Association
- 2011 Edmonton Construction Association
- 2010 Manitoba Heavy Construction Association
- 2009 Newfoundland and Labrador Construction Association
- 2008 Grand Valley Construction Association
- 2007 Association de la construction du Quebec
- 2006 Regina Construction Association
- 2005 Ontario Road Builders Association
- 2004 Calgary Construction Association
- 2003 Hamilton-Halton Construction Association
- 2002 Alberta Construction Association
- 2001 Calgary Construction Association