CCA is pleased to present Barry Brown with the 2015 CCA Person of the Year Award for his enthusiasm in tackling industry issues, his dedication to his company, his community and his industry, and for his countless hours of going above and beyond.
Barry has lead his firm to success not just through awarded projects, but through community and industry service. Barry served 26 years in the Manitoba Heavy Construction Association (MHCA) and was instrumental in the establishment of the MHCA Safety Advisor Program and the implementation of an environment program. He joined the CCA Board of Directors in 1993, moving up to chair in 2002. He continued to serve at CCA through his roles in the TRIP Canada, the Canadian Innovation Council and of course, the Gold Seal Committee, which he joined in 1997, and became Chair of in 2011. Barry was also elected the first Canadian president of the Confederation of International Contractors’ Associations in 2006.
Barry serves on the board of and is a generous contributor to the activities and campaigns of the Grace Hospital Foundation and the RehFit Centre. In addition, he spearheaded MHCA’s first ever charitable fundraiser for the Children’s Wish Foundation.
- 2013 Bill Gyles (Kinetic Construction)
- 2012 André Morin (Acier AGF)
- 2011 Dwight Brown (PCL)
- 2010 Walter Woloshyn (EllisDon)
- 2009 Paul Charette (Bird Construction Company)
- 2008 Don Oborowsky (Waiward Steel Fabricators)
- 2007 Leo McArthur (Miller Group of Companies)
- 2006 John Westeinde
- 2005 Paul McLellan (Mancon Holdings)
- 2003 Curtis Washer (Ontario General Contractors Association)
- 2002 Michael O'Malley (PCL Constructors)
- 2001 Ira Greenspoon (Greenspoon Brothers & Canadian Eagle Recyclers)