CCA is pleased to present Paul Douglas with the 2016 CCA Person of the Year Award for being an inspiration to his employees, his colleagues and his industry peers as well as for making significant contributions to the industry at local, provincial and national levels.
Since joining PCL as a construction manager in 1985, Paul rose steadily through the ranks and was appointed CEO in 2009. Paul sees knowledge as foundational to industry strength, and believes firmly in employee education in its many forms. New at PCL is the Leadership Academy, developed under Paul’s watch and in accordance with his dedication to employee development and advancement.
Former Prime Minister Stephen Harper appointed Paul to the High Level Panel on Infrastructure Development where he was the only Canadian and industry participant on a panel of G20 countries. In 2015 he was appointed to the board of the Business Council of Canada. Paul was recently appointed into the Alberta Business Hall of Fame for outstanding achievements in free enterprise and his dedication to community service in ways that inspire all young Albertans.
- 2015 Barry Brown, Maple Leaf Construction
- 2013 Bill Gyles (Kinetic Construction)
- 2012 André Morin (Acier AGF)
- 2011 Dwight Brown (PCL)
- 2010 Walter Woloshyn (EllisDon)
- 2009 Paul Charette (Bird Construction Company)
- 2008 Don Oborowsky (Waiward Steel Fabricators)
- 2007 Leo McArthur (Miller Group of Companies)
- 2006 John Westeinde
- 2005 Paul McLellan (Mancon Holdings)
- 2003 Curtis Washer (Ontario General Contractors Association)
- 2002 Michael O'Malley (PCL Constructors)
- 2001 Ira Greenspoon (Greenspoon Brothers & Canadian Eagle Recyclers)